Jaybird Run Honest review


 Jaybird RUN Wireless Earbuds: Actually decent headphones




You may be wondering, why would someone who isnt a big fitness buff buy sports headphones, the answer is security and flexibility. These headphones are incredibly comfortable and work the way I want them to, apart from one outstanding failure.

Design


Keeping it simple they have omitted Google assistant/Siri functionality from the earbuds, a positive omission in my opinion as it would only give you more buttons and more reasons to play with them whilst they are in your ears.
They feel great, the medium design and the inclusion on fins to maintain a secure hold even during intense physical activity kept them in my ears during my morning jogs and even during some wear at work either driving the van or putting stock away.



Flexibility


The Jaybird RUN headphones come with a plethora of ear buds and fins to ensure a clean and comfortable fit, I found the standard medium size fit in my ear perfectly and didn't get ear fatigue when using them for extended periods of time. The ability to use just the right earbud when I only wanted to catch up on some Netflix or Youtube was a definite plus for me as I have mostly only used the one side the whole time having them.


Bettery Life


4 hours run time with an 8 hour battery in the charge case, additionally you can quickly give it a boost by putting the buds away for 5 minutes and get a whole hours charge back.

That was the claim on jaybirds website at least, my actual mileage varied but I maxed out at just over 3 hours during medium to light use. having the quick charge functionality saved me a couple of times when on the 'run'. They fit well in their little charge dock and theres a satisfying mechanical snap when the lid shuts and the 2 flashing charge indicators go to work.



The drawbacks


I couldnt get past this, its the only drawback that stops me pulling these out all the time to take every call and wear like actual earpods, the call quality.
I'm not talking what you hear with the buds themselves but what the person on the other end hears because this internal microphone is rubbish. More often than not I would have to switch back to using my phone or just not answer the phone if driving. Theres something to be said for the high quality you get from more expensive buds such as the earpods or the Jabra Elite Active ones.

Connecting to the charger has had some major issues, I've managed to mostly fix these by connecting up to the PC and doing a firmware update but overall still touchy. Sometimes the right doesnt charge, sometimes the left doesnt charge and on rare occations its indicated to be charging and not charge at all (The main battery unit did have charge and when taking them both out and putting them back in again they did actually charge)

Conclusion


These are great earbuds, their design is excellent and they fit well, stay in and sound great. They are great value earbuds down to the battery life and the included accessories.

However, I cannot recommend buying these headphones. mine have had major issues which directly effect whether I use them on certain days including low call quality, poor reliability and a much lower than expected charge life. 

If anyone sees this and wishes to give an opinion make sure to leave a comment or message me  feedback but otherwise stay tuned, check out my channel below and stay safe. Enjoy.

here https://www.youtube.com/user/heygotbeef

Comments